In April, the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) introduced a new rule for screening carry-on baggage.
The new rule is that you now must remove all electronics bigger than a cell phone (more than 4 inches by 6 inches) from your baggage and place them in their own bin for X-ray screening. This includes:
· Handheld game consoles
· DVD players
· Cameras and battery-powered accessories
· Video projectors
Laptops still need to be removed from your bag, too.
TSA may also ask you to remove any food or powders from your carry-on to help with the bag check process, so you and your clients should be ready to do so just in case they ask. VAX pro tip: if you're bringing M&Ms, those should definitely be removed since TSA told our VAX insider that they'll be flagged for inspection every time.
The new screening procedures were tested on 10 select airports before being rolled out nationwide, so you and your clients may have already encountered them if you’ve traveled through these airports:
· Boise Airport (BOI)
· Colorado Springs Airport (COS)
· Detroit Metropolitan Airport (DTW)
· Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL)
· Logan International Airport (BOS)
· Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
· Lubbock Preston Smith International Airport (LBB)
· Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport (SJU)
· McCarran International Airport (LAS)
· Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX)
And now everyone gets to enjoy it! Except for those lucky TSA Pre Check people – this new rule doesn’t apply to them.
This article was published by Vax Vacation Access on my travel agent portal and I though is important to share it here in my blog too.
Share the knowledge
We would love to set a meeting with you!
California Seller of Travel Registration Number: 2089491-50. Registration as a seller of travel in California does not constitute the state's approval. Agent is not a participant in the Travel Consumer Restitution Fund. Florida Seller of Travel Reference Number ST37113. Iowa Seller of Travel Reference Number 960. Washington Seller of Travel Reference Number UBI 602 775 122