7 Frequent Questions and Answers about Destination Weddings
1. What are some advantages to having a destination wedding?
Take your vows on a beautiful white-sand beach on any Caribbean Island.
Ideal for couples with guests based in different cities as they all can stay on one property.
Provides the convenience of knowing that all the details of your wedding will be taken care of for you.
A team of wedding coordinators from the hotel will make sure that the bride and groom have their dream wedding.
2. What are the benefits of selecting an all-inclusive resort for your destination wedding?
The best part about choosing an all-inclusive resort for your destination wedding is in general:
- You and your guests will enjoy unlimited food and beverages during your stay
- Stocked bars in every room
- 24-hour room service
- Day and night entertainment
- Free Wi-Fi
- Motorized water sports at selected resorts
- Snorkeling trips with equipment included at selected resorts
- Green fees at selected golf courses
- Fitness center
- Non-motorized water activities like paddleboards, kayaks
- Free wedding (depending on the length of your stay)
3. Are destination weddings more expensive?
Weddings aren’t cheap. In the U.S., weddings cost an average of $33,900 in 2019, including all the expenses related to the engagement ring, ceremony, and reception, according to the study from The Knot.
Destination Weddings are appealing to budget-conscious couples as the resort's customizable packages typically include details that otherwise need to be paid for separately. Some inclusions are:
The location for your wedding, from gardens to beach gazebos, over the water chapels to beach locations.
The personal wedding planning team
Bouquet and Boutonniere
Chairs for all guests
Some resorts include a cocktail reception and dinner reception depending on the number of guests attending your wedding, extra fees might apply if you do not meet their criteria to receive it included in your custom package.
***Inclusions vary from one resort brand to another
4. What should we look for in a wedding location?
For each couple, this is an intimate decision. Some couples look for gazebos on the beach, others look for chapels surrounded by lush gardens, some might like a rooftop terrace overlooking the turquoise waters of the ocean. The possibilities are infinite!
Most of the brand resorts can accommodate your wedding at your dream location.
5. How many days a destination wedding usually last?
The average destination weddings last 3 nights, this allows the guest to have plenty of time for a rehearsal, the wedding day, and unwind in paradise. This is an experience that bonds friends and family together.
6. Does the wedding couple pay for the guest’s travel accommodations?
Typically, the bride and groom cover the cost of the wedding events and their accommodations. Guests at the wedding party cover their travel expenses and accommodations.
Sometimes the bride and groom choose to cover the expenses of special family guests,
It Is common for family members to offer the welcome dinner or a brunch for the wedding couple and their guest if it is not included through the group benefits.
7.Is possible to get group discounts or rooms for our guests?
You can lock the rate by signing a group contract that benefits your guests.
The more the merrier they say, when you have more guests attending your wedding you earn extra perks for you and your guests, that could be:
1-hour cocktail reception
Private group check-in
Complimentary room for every 10 rooms booked
Private or semi-private dinner reception
**** varies from one resort to another