Things are happening in the travel industry that you need to be aware of.
Starting on January 26 The CDC's new mandate is applying to all international travelers entering or returning to America.
Travelers will need to show the airlines the document that shows that they have been tested negative for Covid-19.
Here is the text from the CDC guidelines:
“Before departure to the United States, a required test, combined with the CDC recommendations to get tested again 3-5 days after arrival and stay home for 7 days post-travel, will help slow the spread of COVID-19 within US communities from travel-related infections. Pre-departure testing with results known and acted upon before travel begins will help identify infected travelers before they board airplanes.
Air passengers are required to get a viral test (a test for current infection) within the 3 days before their flight to the U.S. departs, and provide written documentation of their laboratory test result (paper or electronic copy) to the airline or provide documentation of having recovered from COVID-19. Airlines must confirm the negative test result for all passengers or documentation of recovery before they board. If a passenger does not provide documentation of a negative test or recovery or chooses not to take a test, the airline must deny boarding to the passenger.”
What these means to you:
· Antigen tests or PCR tests are approved. The antigen is less costly, and the results are ready approximately in 24 hrs. The PCR test results take approximately 3 days to provide results. This varies by country and laboratories.
· If you are traveling to Mexico or the Caribbean Islands to an all-inclusive property you are pretty much covered. Most of the well-known resorts’ brands like Sandals, Am Resorts, Couples Resort, Playa Resorts, etc. are offering a complimentary Antigen test.
· Some hotels allow you to schedule your test through their concierge before you departed from the USA, others schedule your test when you do your check-in at the hotel.
· You will take your test in Mexico and most of the Caribbean Islands from the comfort of your hotel and it will take few minutes of your time so you can enjoy your vacation.
· All destinations are working right now in ways to help you take this test with ease at the comfort of your hotel.
· The test after your return to America and the quarantine requirements are so far suggestions but not mandatory. The travel industry is working on eliminate this on your behalf.
Share the knowledge
Author Rossana Jeri
Bilingual English -Spanish Travel Agent